Sunday, 16 September 2012

OH STELLA!


Hello! I hope you are well. 
Two weeks ago, I was aimlessly looking round my local fabric shop for something to make, when I came across a roll of spotted lace. This instantly reminded me of Stella McCartney's 'dots' which first appeared in her A/W11 collection.
So deciding to use the fabric, I scanned through Vogue, McCalls and Butterwick to find a pattern which would compliment the lace.
In the end, I used Butterwick pattern B5356, creating pattern A. 
It really is easy to make (as long as you don't pick a very netted lace) and you can really make it your own through colour and embellishment. Mine I made for Summer, so I used a light fabric in white ivory with a contrasting bias tape, but this pattern can easily be altered for Winter using darker coloured fabrics such as burgundy. Or what about standing out with contrasting colours; maybe all black with a brightly coloured bias tape?

Kat x



No comments:

Post a Comment