Saturday, 29 June 2013

DAILY ROUTINE: What's in my make-up bag?

*sigh of relief* Exams are over and the Summer is finally surfacing!

With so much time on my hands now, it was beginning to feel abnormal without the stacks of revision to do every night - but I can't complain, I wouldn't want to do it all over again!

So recently I've been thinking about what to blog about and I thought I would start with a little bit of beauty and what I'm currently using.

What's in my make-up bag?
I'm not the earliest of birds in the morning so I find I don't lend enough time to actually doing my make-up! I usually wear foundation but I found I was beginning to look 'cakey' and dry, so I switched to Garnier's BB cream in 02. It gives a healthy looking glow with a dewy finish. As its not a great coverage for spot prone skin, I use 'B' concealer and sometimes a bit of powder to give a flawless look.

Revlon Blusher, Garnier BB cream, Revlon face powder, Lancome Juicy Tubes, B concealer

Revlon are one of my favourite brands for quality and pricing. As well as using the Revlon nearly naked face powder in 030, I use their blusher in 'smoky rose', this is a subtle pink which highlights the cheek bones and I found it's great for me both in winter and summer.

Revlon Quads, Maybelline Eyeliner, Sheer cover Mascara
I like to experiment more with my eye makeup and I tend to create a smokey eye effect. I switch between Revlon's quads in Decadent and Siren, dependent on what I'm wearing. They're long lasting and come in a whole range of colours!

For eyeliner, I prefer to use the pots and I love the Maybelline eyeliner in intense black, along with Sheer cover's mascara to emphasise the eyes (part of a set). Again, the eyeliner is long lasting, unlike some brands and easy to apply.

In other news, I have recently set up Instagram - there's not much on there at the moment but I will be using it more frequently over the summer, so head over and follow me!

Kat xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment